We would like to inform that on March 23rd, 2012 there will be a celebration of “Absolute Quiet Day or Icaka New Year 1934″ in Bali.
In regards with this celebration, Balinese people is strictly prohibited to conduct the following activities :
- No light may be lit
- No work may be done
- No travel may be carried out
- No amusement may be made
To all our valued guests are requested to respect and obey the above matters during that event.
This holiday celebration will start from 06.00 am on March 23rd until 06.00 am on March 24th, 2012.
March 20th, 2012
“Mekiyis or Melasti Ceremony”, the procession of Hindu followers carrying temple effigies to the beach for purification ceremony in welcoming “Nyepi “the Icaka New Year
- The beach will be closed for sea sport activities and everybody is expected to dress politely and properly either on the beach or on the road while the ceremony is on.
March 22nd, 2012
“Tawur Agung Kesanga Ceremony“ is a great sacrificial ceremony offered to the underworld spirits for not disturbing human being’s settlement ( at 12.00 noon ) followed by procession of Ogoh – ogoh , huge doll symbolizing evil spirits in the evening.
- Place : Puputan square , down town of Denpasar city. Square or cross road of town and village throughout Bali
March 23rd, 2012
“Nyepi” holiday, the Icaka New Year 1934, the day of absolute silence for Hindu followers, when no activity is done, no fire is lit, no traveling anywhere and no amusement is held for the day and night
- Movement outside the hotel is strictly prohibited. You must stay inside the hotel
- We request that no lights to switch on at the balcony or standing outside the balcony area’s facing the road
- All windows / doors and curtains must be closed
- Ensure that TV / radio is turned down so it is not heard from outside
- Our Food and Beverages Department will remain operates with the below program :
— Breakfast ( Buffet ) : 06.30 am – 10.30 am at GABAH RESTAURANT
— Lunch ( A’la Carte Menu ) : 11.30 am – 5.00 pm at Leisure
— Dinner ( Buffet ) : 6 pm on ward at Laksamana Room ( 2nd Floor Gabah Restaurant )
— Room Service : 06.30 am – 5.00 pm ( last order 4.00 pm)
— 10.00 pm re-open on ward.
Guests activity :
During lunch time there will be some activities available such as : Games, Ping Pong, Chess, Billiard, Backgammon, Cards etc.
At Jepun Bar also conduct COOKING CLASS and COCKTAIL MIXIOLOGY
March 24th, 2012
“Ngembak Geni” , all activities will be back to normal.
As Nyepi is a very special day for the Balinese Hindu, your participation, tolerance and deep understanding is greatly appreciated.